Wells and Mendips Museum

Wells and Mendips Museum
Description:
Located in the Chancellor's house, across the road from the cathedral is the Wells and Mendips Museum. The oldest parts of this Grade II listed building date back to the 15th century but the majority of the existing structure is 17th/18th century.

The museum was founded in 1893 by Herbert E. Balch to display his collection which was largely natural history based. Today there are geological exhibits, fossils from the Mendip hills and other items of interest from the locale.
Keywords: wells, museum
Date: 04.11.2012 16:03
Hits: 1492
Rating:

2.3/5 (37 votes cast)

Added by: admin
Image Location:

NGR: ST 5509 4593 (ST551459 / ST5546)

51.2108; -2.64431

Random image

Cleeve Abbey

Cleeve Abbey

Local info

Wells accommodation